The Agricultural Marketing Office (AMO) was established in 1997 under the Department of Planning and Statistics (DPS), within the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries (MAFF). The Agricultural Marketing Office has offices in 25 municipal-provinces in Cambodia.
The Agricultural Marketing Office Mandate:
- Formulate policies and strategies for market development and the agricultural marketing system.
- Give comments and recommendations for strengthening the agricultural marketing system.
- Prepare norms and manage standards of agricultural products leading to the exportation of agricultural products.
- Collect information on wholesale and retail sales of agricultural products in local markets.
- Analyze and interpret price movement and other variables of agricultural products in international markets. Arrange programs for daily broadcasting by radio and by television; and compile agricultural product price bulletins.
- Make recommendations in regards to the export and import of agricultural products manage data, and analyze and evaluate market economic effectiveness.
- Monitor food and nutrition information.
- Study and implement agricultural market development activities and their effectiveness and influence on living standards. Provide market information services and guide farmers on agricultural marketing and the agricultural economy.
- Collaborate and coordinate with private companies in relation to marketing and exportation issues.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the leaders of the Department of Planning and Statistics.